Sunday, January 31, 2016

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies



I always have a sweet tooth and anything to do with chocolate is right up my ally!! So when I am craving something sweet, I try to find healthy alternatives so I don't ruin all my progress or put junk back into body. These chocolate chip cookies are AMAZING!! A great replacement for the ordinary chocolate chip cookies!

Ingredients:
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda- gluten free
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Combine coconut oil and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 4-5 minutes or until creamy.
- Add egg, egg whites, and extract; beat for an additional 2 minutes. 

Separate mixtures
- Add almond flour mixture and chocolate chips to egg mixture; mix until blended.

Cookie dough batter

- Drop mixtures onto parchment paper (rounded tbsp), use a spatula to flatten cookies if traditional cookie appearance is desired. 
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.

Before baking
This recipe is super easy and everyone will love this healthier version of chocolate chip cookies! Enjoy! Please subscribe to my blog to get all my latest recipes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment