Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Finding the Time to Excercise


As a full-time working mom and wife it was hard to find time to get a shower in let alone get to the gym to workout. In the beginning I would go to the gym after work and feel guilty the whole time I was there. I felt guilty because I was spending more time away from my baby and husband. I felt like I had a million things to get done and the last thing I should be doing is going to the gym. I never in a million years thought I would be doing at-home workouts and actually getting results. 

We all live crazy busy lives and taking the time to focus on ourselves and our health always seems to be the last thing we think about. When in reality this should be one of our top priorities, if we do not take care of ourselves, then we won't be around to enjoy our families and the things we love! SO today I want to share some tips that have helped me transform my life to live a healthier lifestyle!

Tips:

1) First things first: Get your workout in before the day starts. I know for me if I do not do my workout right away in the morning, I use excuse after excuse as to why I can't do my workout. I wake up around 445 am to start my workout by 5 am. You might be thinking "you are crazy!" Trust me I know when I first started this I thought this was the craziest thing ever. But getting it done before my day starts allows me time to focus on just me for that 30 minutes, prepare for the day ahead, and I follow my meal plan better because I have worked out and don't want to ruin my day!



2) Have a plan: Schedule your workouts in your phone or planner. Make working out a non-negotiable each day. Think of this as an important meeting with your boss or a date, once you have it set you can't cancel! Lay out your clothes the night before, in doing this it helps me just wake up and get dressed, no thinking about it. Have your workout planned before waking up. I always put the DVD in the player so all I have to do is press play!




3) Include your kids: If early morning is absolutely not an option for you, include your family. Children will learn from your good example and they will want to join in on the fun! It is a great way to get your kids some physical activity and a great bonding activity. They will see mommy as a strong, dedicated, and healthy woman! Have equipment that is kid friendly so they can participate bosu balls, resistance bands, foam rollers.

Little man watching me workout!

4) Build a Support Crew: Juggling all of life's responsibilities can be overwhelming and we often feel alone. Trust me on this one, you are not! Find a workout buddy or someone who is going through the same program as you. This will help keep you motivated and accountable. Sharing your struggles and successes with others help you grow and continue on your journey! I offer online health and fitness groups for women that help with meal planning, motivation, support, and we all are going through the same program!

Beachbody Event surrounded by 100's of other women and men! 

5) Do your best: Life happens and some day are better than others. We should not get down on ourselves for the days where we simply can not fit a full workout in. Even if you only have 5-10 minutes, do some physical activity. If you have to break workout into sessions 10 minutes here, 5 minutes there, don't worry about it. All that matters is that you completed the workout! It will help your mood and you will feel better that you some workout in! DO NOT compare yourself to others. I was guilty of this for a long time but honestly we are all on our own journey. "Comparison is the thief of joy" -Theodore Roosevelt 
Enjoy every day and simply do your best!


Break up with perfection and just be YOU

6) Be a weekend warrior: If you are anything like me I used to use the weekend as a free for all. No workouts and eating whatever I want. Then Monday would come back around and there I was starting all over again. Commit to working out on the weekends. This can be anything! If you are going to the park walk around, play on the equipment just be active. Work out before you head out for the day so you have it done and you can enjoy the rest of the day! By staying committed on the weekend you will stick to your meal plan and see results a lot faster than if you would skip 2 days and start all over!



7) Give it your all: At the end of the day, spending more time with my family is a top priority. Working, blogging, and everything else means less time with my baby and husband. So my mantra has been "Give it your all." If I am going to workout or do something where I am not spending time with my family, I better be giving it 100%. 


My reason I push myself every single day...this boy!
Fitting a workout routine into a busy schedule is hard. But, with some planning it is totally doable! Make your well-being a priority and others around you will follow! I do not allow myself to think of my health as second anymore. If I am happy, healthy, and energized everyone around me receives the benefits of this! 

In finding the time to workout 30 minute at-home workouts were my live saver!! I have used 21 day fix, 21 day fix extreme, insanity max:30 and I am getting ready to start a new journey with CIZE!! If you are interested in joining my next online health and fitness group email me or fill out the application below!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment