Sunday, January 17, 2016

Turkey Burger and Sweet Potato Chips


The other night I was really craving a burger, so instead of going out to a restaurant and over doing it, I decided to make homemade turkey burgers. And what goes great with a burger, fries! I love sweet potatoes and there so many different ways to prepare them and they can be paired with almost every meal. I made sweet potato chips to go with our turkey burgers. I will share both recipes so you can enjoy a healthy meal that taste amazing!!



Turkey Burger Ingredients:
- 12oz raw ground lean turkey meat (thawed)
- 3/4 medium onion finely chopped (I used my ninja chopper to get the onions really small)
- 2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp hot sauce

Directions:
- Preheat oven at 375 F
- Combine all the ingredients listed above together in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Form turkey burger patties.
- Cook in oven till burger is to your liking!

Sweet Potato Chip Ingredients:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, thinly slices (this makes 4 servings) I soaked mine in water for a few hours to make them crispier.
- 2 tsp extra-virgin organic olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
- sea salt

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 200 F
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with oil and sea salt.
- Bake until crisp.

I mashed up an avocado and placed it on top of my burger...HEAVENLY!! Enjoy this amazing dinner with the whole family! Subscribe to my blog for more recipes and tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment