Sunday, June 14, 2015

3 Day Refesh

I have been wanting to do the 3 day refresh through Beachbody for a long time but I kept telling myself not right now it is not a good time and making every other excuse possible. I had been snacking A LOT and since memorial day have not been eating the best. I finally said enough was enough...I need to break from these bad habits and it is time to get back on track. I had gained back only 1 pound but I could tell in my stomach and the way my clothes were fitting I was bloated and just tired all the time from putting junk into my body.

I started a 3 day refresh challenge group on Monday June 8th and started my refresh on Thursday of the week. I wanted other women to join me in this 3 days because I knew I would need support, motivation, and somewhere to check in when I was wanting to stop. I spent the first few days preparing my menu, starting to slowly withdraw from caffeine, and grocery shopping for my fruits and veggies! 
Sample Meal Plan
I was nervous and worried I would be hungry all the time...the honest truth there was never a time I was hungry during the day and most of the time I had to force myself to finish the meal. I made the meal plan above in a word document and had this with me at work and while away this weekend to stay on track and have for quick reference.

For breakfast I had chocolate shakeology and a fruit option. I switched up my fruit every morning and had banana, watermelon, and strawberries. I love the chocolate shakeology plain with ice and water blended. Adding your fruit into the shakeology is also an option and adds variety to the breakfasts!
Breakfast Day 1: Chocolate shakeology and 1/2 banana
There were 3 optional tea times one in the morning,one in the afternoon, and one in the evening. These are typically the times I have coffee or want to snack.  I drink coffee everyday and was worried I would have bad headaches, I never had a craving for coffee and the tea option definitely helped me with this and I now love tea! I used organic green tea and organic herbal passion tea throughout the 3 days. 

Afternoon tea time: Unsweetened green tea
   For the mid-morning snack it was the fiber sweep drink. I was most worried about this because of how it looked when I made it the first day. I was very surprised at how easy it was to drink and
the flavor was not bad at all! When doing the refresh don't let the sweep sit, drink it right away after mixing it with water.
Morning fiber sweep

For lunch everyday you got the vanilla refresh shake, 1 serving of fruit, 1 serving of vegetables, and 1 serving of healthy fats. I was thinking there is no way this is going to fill me up, I will be starving! Everyday for lunch I was full and did not want to eat more when I was finished. I added cinnamon, pure vanilla extract, water, ice and blended my refresh up. It tasted exactly vanilla shakeology to me and I loved it!!
Lunch day 2: Vanilla refresh, strawberries, cucumbers and 1/2 avocado
Lunch day 3: Vanilla refresh, watermelon. carrots and hummus
For the afternoon snack you get 1 vegetable serving and 1 healthy fats serving. I typically was not hungry yet for this but I wanted to follow the plan exactly so I ate it! Sometimes it was more than an hour after lunch due to work or not being hungry yet. For day 1 I had cucumber and hummus. Day 2 carrots and 1/2 avocado. Day 3 carrots and hummus. 

Dinner was my favorite time of day during the refresh! I loved trying the new recipes provided in the refresh program guide. I will definitely be using these recipes again and trying some of the recipes I did not use yet from there. I always struggled to finish my meal because I was so full, this was a great feeling that I wasn't hungry and I didn't want to eat more after finishing. For dinner you get the vanilla refresh, 1 serving from the dinner recipes (provided in the guide), and optional organic vegetable broth. 
Dinner day 1: Veggie stir fry recipe, vanilla refresh, and organic vegetable broth

Dinner day 2: Cucumber&tomato salad, vanilla refresh, organic vegetabl broth

Dinner day 3: spinach salad, vanilla refresh, organic vegetable broth
 RESULTS!! I was gone for the weekend with family and there were temptations everywhere. I almost put off the 3 day refresh until Sunday but I knew I would eat and drink all weekend if I wasn't on this. I stay committed while away and I am so happy I did! In the 3 days I lost 3.5 pounds and 1.5 inches from my waist. I feel so much better and more energized. I now know I can do anything I put my mind too and things (food/drinks) I thought I needed everyday I do not need! You can tell the difference in my belly from the bloating I had from all the junk. Here are the before/after pictures!



All in all, I loved the refresh and would recommend it to everyone starting a new fitness journey, wanting to break bad habits, or you have plateaued and want to try something to kickstart your body again! I am going to do this again at the beginning of my next challenge group which kicks off July 6th! This will be a great time to join right after the holiday weekend. If you are interested email me for more information or you can check out my coach website!

Right now, would be the perfect time to get your refresh. This month the 21 day fix and fix extreme challenge packs are on sale. They also have the kickstart challenge pack for the 21 day fix and fix extreme on sale! With the kickstart you get the whole challenge pack plus the 3 day refresh with it! This is a great time to join me and start your new healthy lifestyle! 














No comments:

Post a Comment