Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Meal Plan


What you put into your body is one of the most important things when trying to lose weight, tone up, or just get healthy. It is important to make sure that you eat 6 meals throughout the day. Have you ever noticed if you wait a long time in between meals you typically tend to overeat. After about 3 hours your blood sugar levels begin to drop, 4 hours your body has digested everything you ate from earlier and 5 hours blood sugar begins to plummet and you refuel on whatever you can grab. Eating smaller more frequent meals helps keep blood sugar levels steady, maintain muscle mass and fuel your body for the days activities. 

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, ALWAYS eat breakfast. Eating breakfast helps kick start your metabolism and fuel your body for the day. If you are starting to plateau or not seeing any changes it may be because you are skipping breakfast. Start your day with a good breakfast and continue to eat every 3 hours.

A typical day for my meal plan consists of breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and sometimes an evening snack.


Breakfast: I wake up in the morning and drink a large glass of water before starting my workout. This helps flush toxins from your body, boost your metabolism, and keeps your digestion regular. I am super busy in the morning getting myself ready and the baby ready for the day. For me drinking shakeology in the morning is easiest way to make sure I get a good breakfast. I pour my ingredients into the blender mix it up and I am ready to go within 2 minutes. 
My typical breakfast consists of shakeology (1 scoop), fruit and a nut butter (almond, peanut). And of course one cup of coffee!


Mid-Morning Snack: About 2.5-3 hours after eating breakfast I have a snack. My snacks vary depending on the day. Some snacks I typically enjoy:
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with honey and tsp of natural peanut butter and an apple. 
- Cheese, turkey lunch meat and apple
- 1/2 grapefruit, almonds





Lunch: My lunch varies depending on the meal we had for the dinner the night before or what foods I have leftover from Sunday meal prep. I always have a protein, veggie, and a carb. Some lunches I typically go to:
-spinach salad, peanuts, shredded chicken or turkey meat with salsa and olive oil dressing or homemade balsamic dressing. I like to add quinoa into my salads as well.
-Proteins: chicken, turkey meat, fish (salmon, tilapia, tuna)
-Veggie: broccoli, asparagus, green beans, brussel sprouts
-Carb: sweet potato, quinoa, whole grain wrap

Afternoon snack: I usually have my snack about 2 hours before dinner time. Carrots with hummus, apple/banana with almond butter, cashews, peanuts.


Dinner: This is very similar to my lunch time meals. I always have a protein (usually chicken of some sort), vegetable, and a carb.  




Snack: If I am still hungry and have left over containers from the day I will have another snack. Some of my go to snacks are shakeology, greek yogurt, apple or banana (drizzled with honey & cinnamon), cashews or almonds. I try not to eat any carbs after dinner time. 

Message me for customized meal plans and additional ideas!  

I'd love to help you reach your weight loss goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment