Monday, October 19, 2015

No-Bake Homemade Play Dough



Easy no-bake play dough!
I recently just took on the best job a mom could ever have, staying at home!! I have been trying to find fun, easy, cost effective, and interactive activities for my 1 year old. I wanted to make play dough, most of the recipes I found involved cream of tartar (can get expensive), cooking, and hot water. Not time effective with the short attention span of my little guy! 

The play dough recipe we used allowed him to participate in the making, playing, and clean up :) 

Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 2 tbsp oil 
- food coloring

First mix in your water, oil, and food coloring stirring mixture well. Then add in your flour and salt. Mix together and knead until texture begins to resemble play dough. If mixture is to sticky continue to add flour until it is to your liking!
Of course he had to try it!
Store mixture in freezer bags or whatever air tight container you have around to keep from drying out. Mixture should last several months! 

Using a fork to mix it.
Measuring cup fun!















My little guy played with this for 40 minutes, with some re-engagement. I would add in new items for him to use with the play dough (spoon, fork, measuring cup, spatula, cup, any kitchen item). After, I had him help me clean up by "sweeping" with me and putting the play dough in the bag! He loved being mommy's big helper! 



Helping momma clean!

Enjoy this fun and interactive activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment